Cherry Berry Crunch
A doggylicious treat made with fresh ingredients and high nutritional value. Cherries and blueberries contain fiber and antioxidants that help fight heart disease and cancer. Cinnamon is excellent for overweight, senior and diabetic dogs because it helps regulate blood sugar and raise insulin resistance.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cherries - must remove pits!
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Combine flour and rolled oats into a large bowl and mix well.
- Make sure all the pits are removed and puree cherries until smooth.
- In a large bowl add cherries, blueberries, honey, water and mix well.
- Roll out dough and use cookie cutters to cut out treats.
- Place cutouts onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Makes 1 dozen treats. Dough may be stored refrigerated in plastic wrap for up to two weeks.
Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix peanut butter, honey and water together vigorously until ingredients are combined. Add extra water if necessary (mixture should be thick).
- Slowly stir in the oats, 1/4 cup at a time, mashing them into the mixture.
- Scoop out the balls using a fruit scooper or your hands to form 1-inch round balls.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Dough may be refrigerated in closed plastic container for up to two weeks or in freezer for two months.